Movie Review: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

Friday, November 18, 2016

Image result for fantastic beasts poster

When I heard they were making the Fantastic Beasts movie I was thrilled, like ecstatic. When I heard there would be 5 movies I was even happier. 5 more garaunteed movies in the Wizarding World?! Sign me up! So, to say I went into this movie highly biased to enjoy it... would be an understatement.

So, Last night after putting my 2 year old to bed, I drove out in a blizzard and hit the premiere. I just could not wait. On the plus side, the whole blizzard thing kept a lot of people home so I had a great seat in a fairly empty theater. 

And, well I LOVED IT! I've heard some people say it was slow. It isn't crazy like the 8th Harry POtter movie, but I think there was enough action to keep me happy. And it was hilarious. I cannot wait to take my husband to see it. He had to stay home with the baby last night while I had a just me date night. I want to watch it again and again. I have been gushing about it all day. It was adorable. 

Let's start with our main character. Newt Scamander played by Eddie Redmayne. Gosh, he was fabulous. He was so sweet and adorable, and so just perfect. I could watch him all day. He has this awkward quirkiness going for him... and it was just perfect. After all, his grandson is married to Luna Lovegood.. so quirkyness runs in the family and it as too cute.

Image result for Feeling

Newt was definitely a winner, but I loved the side characters just as much. Queenie anyone?! Ah! I want ot be her. So sweet, and loving, and sure of herself. Her willingness to risk anything for those she cares about was beautiful. And Jacob the No-Maj was just perfect. He also stole my heart. I really really hope he will be in the future movies because he was perfect. Honestly, I had no qualms with any of the characters. Creedence was great... they were all great. There is an EXCELLENT cast in this movie. 

Image result for queenie fantastic beasts gif

I think what really made this movie for me is the creatures. I'm a huge animal lover, and I've always been particularly interested in the magical creatures of the wizarding world. They get plenty of screen time... and they are all fantastic! I'm not sure which was my favorite... maybe the Niffler or the bowtruckle.. maybe all of them. Their devotion and adoration for Newt was sweet. They became like real animals. 

Related image

Image result for bowtruckle gif

Now, like I mentioned some people said this movie was slow... and I will agree to a degree. This movie is similar to The early HP movies. It is laying the ground work for something big. I do not want to go into details, because some of this stuff was all new.. while I enjoyed the storyline of the movie good enough, I this was a very character driven not action driven movie. Personally, I love character driven movies... I feel much more connected to it. But be warned.. there isn't really a big adrenaline rushing battle scene in this movie. There is some action.. the Wizarding World always has action.

Over all. I recommend this movie to you and your friends and your family and that weird kid in your class that picks his or her nose and eats it. Seriously, everyone watch this movie. It was so cute. You do not need to know a thing about Harry Potter or the Wizarding World. You could go into this blind... but I highly recommend meeting my best friend Harry Potter, because he is wonderful. But yes go see this movie. If you were waiting to see if it was worth it... it is! I cannot wait to see where this movie series goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS